Sunday, September 20, 2009

The joys of being sick.

Well Curtis has been gone this last week in Kodiak. He left Monday and got back Friday night. While he was gone Catheryn decided she didn't believe in sleeping any more. What timing. Curtis is amazing with Catheryn. There are times that I will be up with her for 2 hours and then wake Curtis up and tell him to go work his magic and she will be asleep within 5 minutes. Monday thru Thursday night she decided she wanted to stay up till 10 and wake up several times during the night for a hour at a time. Of course when Curtis gets home Friday night she goes right to sleep for him and only woke up once for a short time. WHY???
So to say the least I was wiped out. 4-5 hours of sleep every night just doesn't cut it. I am mom that goes to bed soon after my children go to bed. There are times I am in bed at 8. 9 at the latest. Saturday I woke up not feeling very well. Just not a lot of energy. Then Curtis talks me into staying home and taking a nap. When I woke up I had a sore throat my body ached and the worst headache ever. I couldn't have any lights on, stayed in bed for the rest of the day with my eyes closed, and my ears felt like they were going to explode.
Last night I got no sleep. I think my body hurts from laying in bed all day. I am feeling better now, thank goodness. My headache drastically decreased, my throat is no longer sore and I can actually walk across the house with out feeling like passing out. I think I will be back to my self tomorrow but what a lame weekend. My husband has been gone all week he gets home and then I am stuck in bed.
He did make me some Delicious Soup!!! It was so good. He even went to the store and got chicken broth for me. We do not have any in our vegetarian home. He is so great. He has kept the kids busy so they don't even think to come bang on my door. I always thought it would be great to have a day to myself in bed but when you are feeling so miserable it is no fun at all.
Cassidy has been very paranoid around me. She freaked out last night about Curtis sleeping in the same bed as me, she doesn't want him to get sick. If I touch anything it has to be wash. I gave her a hug last night before bed and then she said she needed to wash so she doesn't get sick.
Well I am glad this sickness only lasted this weekend. I couldn't imagine being sick like I was yesterday for a couple of days. I was bored out of my mind. There is nothing to do when you lay in bed all day. I feel so blessed that I rarely get sick and that I have a pretty healthy body.

No comments: