Monday, July 27, 2009

Hike up Hatchers Pass with Aunt Becca

Here we are getting ready to head off on the unbeaten path. It was a lot of fun going hiking through the brush and not on a path that everyone uses. The kids really enjoyed it also. Catheryn is getting to the stage that she does not like to be carried and wants to walk. However, when she starts walking she has her own agenda.



This is Catheryn enjoying the snow. We hiked up to some snow and she loved eating it. Never complained about freezing hands just wanted more.
Here is the Awesome Aunt Becca. It was fun getting out with her while she was here. It is a lot easier to go hiking with one more adult than just me and three kids. She was also pretty understanding about no making it to the top of the mountain but just going as far as the kids wanted to go.
Cassidy and Cayden loved playing in the stream and playing in the snow. Cayden spend most of his time picking up rocks and throwing them in the stream. Becca and I were trying to get Catheryn situated and told the kids to keep on hiking up. After we got things under control with her we could not find the kids. Becca went one way and I went another way running around looking for them. I was getting a little worried but found them down by the snow. When we were at the car I pointed out to the snow and told them that is where we are going to hike to. So they listened. Becca and I were kind of hoping to make it a little more up the mountain but they had fun.

1 comment:

Becca said...

thanks for capitalizing my entire name: Awesome Aunt Becca. i rather like that name. hehe! :)