Sunday, December 18, 2011

The birth story Part 1


Crimson Rose Estella Townsend’s Birth Story

Well it has taken me a while to get down stairs to the computer to write this all down and it might take a lot longer than one sitting. But we have a beautiful baby girl that has blessed our home.

I guess I will start Sunday morning. I woke up just exhausted, which I wasn’t really sure why because it is the first night in a while that I slept all night long. I just wasn’t feeling well. I got up and ready for church. Curtis headed out early because he was giving someone a ride to church. I got the kids breakfast but I was feeling so tired and nauseous that I couldn’t eat my bowl of cereal. So we loaded up and went to church. I was having a hard time keeping my eyes open and just kept my head on Curtis’ shoulder. After sacrament meeting I took the two youngest to nursery and stayed in there and just sat on the floor. 3rd hour I taught my lesson to the young women and then we all came home. I was so tired that I went and took a nap and Curtis hung out with the kids. I took a pretty long nap waking up at 4ish. I went down stairs and cooked up a steak. I have been struggling with very low iron and was told to be a meat eater. So I was trying. I eat half but just could stomach the rest.

After I ate I just laid on the couch and the kids were acting out the birth of Jesus. Every so often I would ask Cassidy what time was it. She would tell me and then I would ask again. I was starting to feel contractions and was just timing them. Curtis thought that I was just getting impatient with the kids and their play and was trying to speed it up. In my past labors when it starts it starts and I do not have much time before the baby comes. This time it felt different. They were not strong but they were consistent. I then call my midwife just to tell her but also tell her not to hurry because they weren’t strong. When I told Curtis that Suzie was on her way we started picking up the house and getting our bedroom ready. I started crying because I wasn’t ready to have this baby. It wasn’t supposed to come till at least the 14th of December and its due date was the 6th. I had it all planned out.

Suzie arrived by 6pm.

When Suzie my midwife got to our home she checked me and I was at 4cm. The contractions still were not strong and I was worried that they were setting everything up and I wasn’t even sure if I was going to have a baby because it didn’t feel real.

It was getting close to bed time so we got the kids all ready for bed. I read “A Dress for Ellen” to the kids and then we prayed and got them to bed.



Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jennifer Bundy said...

I didn't realize she had Estella as part of her name. I thought it was just Crimson Rose. Can't wait for the rest!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear the rest!!

Anonymous said...

That was me, Tressa. :)

Jerez Fam said...

Can't wait to hear more, I love home births!