Saturday, December 19, 2009

Baby Shower

A couple of weeks ago some friends of mine put a baby shower on for me. It was a donation for freezer meals. With my children and all of their allergies I sometimes have a hard time with cooking and after baby comes it would be nice to have dinner already made. Many people are scared to bring us dinner or invite us over because they don't want to poison our children. Terra and Megan got together and made some meals with the money they got.




This picture is of stuffed peppers. We tried one pepper the night Megan dropped off the meals and it was amazing.


Here are all the meals that they dropped off. I could put them in the freezer but it is so cold out side I thought I would just put them on the deck instead.

The meals they made were: Tamale Corn Casserole, Spaghetti sauce, Asparagus Casserole, Spanish Eggplant, Stuffed Peppers and Corn Chowder. Yum they all look delicious. I went through and found recipes on the internet and passed them on. Two of the recipes had dairy in them but I figure Catheryn could have good old fashion rice noodles on those days. She isn't to picky. She is very use to us eating a different meal than her.

After Megan and Terra did this for me I thought wow, I now know what these look like and I should make these meals to have on hand later. Maybe when we have a babysitter or just running late it would be nice to have something that is already made. Especially the stuffed peppers, Yum. I think I could make several of those and freeze them. The thought always over whelmed me of making several meals and freezing them and finding recipes that would fit the whole family.

I am so grateful for the wonderful friends that made the meals and donated money to make them. It is so nice to have so many people that care.

Last night I was just thinking about what life will be after baby. I am a little scared. I am getting many flash backs of what type of baby Catheryn was and I am a little worried about getting another just like her. She screamed the whole time she was awake and when she slept it had to be on my chest. To say the least I got no sleep for many months. If this baby is at all like Catheryn I would change my diet to rice and not much else and slowly add things to find out what it is allergic to. But I am trying to be optimist that this baby will not react to what I eat.

I know that everything will be okay, however I am a little nervous. Wish us luck!!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Becca said...

Mm mmmm! I'm getting hungry just looking and reading about all that food. i really think that food is my greatest love in life. haha!

The Alaska DeKays said...

Your lucky to have such good friends. That was a fantastic idea.

Jennifer Bundy said...

I'm glad that you have been blessed with some help in the food department! I know that is always sressful for me, and I don't have to worry about allergies!

And remember, I am here to help you when you need it- don't worry about stressing me out- Chrismas is over and I am good!