Here we are getting ready to head off on our hike. Look at the smiles and how happy the children are. It was so fun getting out with the kids doing something we love.
It was a pretty steep climb and the kids did pretty well. Our biggest bribe to them was when we get to the top there are lots of blueberries that are up there. To bad the blueberries are from last fall but Cayden enjoyed them. The kids happiness defiantly started to deteriorate after a while. It was all up hill and pretty muddy in places.
This is us almost to the top. We stopped here for a snack and to look at Nana and Papa's house. You can see it in the distance on the right side of the pictures. The only building structure you can see. We weren't going to go any further but Cassidy said that we had to go to the top. So Cassidy and I ran to the top really quick and came back down. Once we got down again Cassidy told Curtis, "Daddy do you want to go to the top with me I will take you." It was amazing the energy she found. She just needed some food in her.
This is us enjoying the snack. It was so fun to get out. It was in the low 70's. Great weather and great company. When we get out like this I am amazed at our kids and how well they hike. I just love them so much. I am looking forward to many more hikes this summer.
Another bribe we had was if they did a really good hiking we would go to Subway for dinner. Which Cassidy and Cayden get Veggie subs and Catheryn gets nothing but a bag of potatoe chips. Thats all she can eat that she is not allergic to. It was great. I love my family and getting out with them. It really makes my day.

2 comments:
ahhh that looks like so much fun! Maybe when I come up we can take some walks... I don't know if I will be up to hiking a month after the baby since I am already so out of shape! It will be really nice to be out and about with you guys though!
I have to say that you have the cutest kids....Sweet Sweet Sweet...And I have to say I love watching them come into Church...Always smiling....Always....
oh ,this is from Jodi in case you didn't know my blog name....have a great day
Post a Comment