So we have been climbing up Baldy quite a bit. My dad and I have climbed it 4 times this week. Yes that is right 4. My body is exhausted. Yesterday we made it up and back in 61 minutes. That is a great time for a winter climb. Pushing it so much really wiped me out today. Yesterday is when my dad hit his wall where his body had no energy. Today it was my turn, it was the hardest climb for me. Same route just my body didn't have much to give. Good thing we are taking the weekend off.
Curtis and Robert (my brother) had today off of work and came with us. It has been wonderful to get exercise. My mom has been amazing by watching my children while we climb. It is a pretty icy climb. I go up the rock side because I don't wear crampons and everyone else goes up the shoot.
Curtis and Robert (my brother) had today off of work and came with us. It has been wonderful to get exercise. My mom has been amazing by watching my children while we climb. It is a pretty icy climb. I go up the rock side because I don't wear crampons and everyone else goes up the shoot.
This is Curtis climbing up today. 
This is my dad and Robert climbing up the shoot. It is a steep climb, a great workout. You can only go just a couple of steeps before you need to take a break. I am on the side climbing the rock face that is melted. Almost just as steep but not much snow or ice.
Here is the happy couple that has made it to the top. I love the view. It is amazing to get up top and look around us. I am so grateful to live in such a beautiful state.
Just a different view point.

Robert and Curtis at the top. My dad and I had already started to head down.
It is our goal to climb 3 times a week so we will see if we keep it up.
This is my dad and Robert climbing up the shoot. It is a steep climb, a great workout. You can only go just a couple of steeps before you need to take a break. I am on the side climbing the rock face that is melted. Almost just as steep but not much snow or ice.
Here is the happy couple that has made it to the top. I love the view. It is amazing to get up top and look around us. I am so grateful to live in such a beautiful state.
Just a different view point.
Robert and Curtis at the top. My dad and I had already started to head down.
It is our goal to climb 3 times a week so we will see if we keep it up.
6 comments:
How fun! And beautiful I might add.
You guys are very ambitious. I could probably do it once in awhile but 3 times a week???
wow!! you would love the 'hiking group' this year if they are still doing it. Last year we did a LOT of great hikes. Some really hard and some just for fun with the kiddos. I'll be sitting this summer out, sadly, but I am still looking to do lots of nature walks.
I can't believe it - 4 times in a week!! That is spectacular. I'll be asking to see if you're keeping 3x's a week!!
I can't believe that there is still that much snow out there that has to melt! I guess we will just have to take it one day at a time. One drop at a time!
I love good pictures of my husband's behind!
Post a Comment