Sunday, October 3, 2010

Beach Lake Jamboree



This week was the Beach Lake Jamboree. All the kids had a lot of fun. It is a running race that a local elementary school puts on. This year they had 900 kids pre-register, that is 300 more than last year. The K-1 grade did a .6 mile run. We walked the trail before they ran it and it was a lot of up hill. I was very impressed how well all the children did. There were some really amazing runners. The K-1 boys ran first. Cayden wore not very good shoes. I told him to wear his running shoes but he thought he would go much fast in his heely shoes. How ever they did not make him go any faster. After he was done with the race he told me," Mom, I should of worn my other shoes, these make my feet hurt." Oh how that made me feel good. It was nice that he admitted he was silly to wear those shoes.


Here is Cayden coming in towards the finish line.



Yeah Cayden!!!! You are almost there.

The K-1st grade girls were right after the boys. I love these pictures that I was able to get of them starting. I love how excited they all are. Look at the tongues and happy faces.

Here is Cassidy, I love the smile on her face. Pure enjoyment!!


Daddy cheering Cassidy on. Cayden in the back ground taking a drink from his Gatorade that everyone got when they finished.

The Happy finishers. !!!

And the metals!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sam said...

I was going through a bunch of old photos and found some photos that we took of cayden when he was maybe 6 months old or so... we watched him and cassidy at one point when we lived in AK. Anyway... do you want copies? How's life anyway?