Thursday, October 21, 2010

Cinnimon Rolls for Catheryn and Canyon


So I made some gluten, dairy free Cinnamon rolls. Yummy, Yummy were they delicious. They actually weren't even that hard. Catheryn took a bite and thought that was good enough. I go through all this effort to make her something and then she isn't that excited about it. Curtis and I ate most of them. Actually really it was mostly me.

I got a new cook book from the library and absolutely LOVE it. It is called

Allergen-Free Baker's Handbook.

So if you need a cookbook that is GF, DF, egg free this is the bakers cookbook for you. The things I have made have turned out. It is my new cooking bible. Canyon has loved the muffins I have made. It is so nice to be able to make something for them that they can eat. Allergies are just hard on a kid when every one around you can eat anything they want. So with thanksgiving coming up I now have recipes for pies and breads that they can have.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Sarah and Chris said...

That is wonderful that the recipes are actually turning out! I tried my hand at some of the gluten free ones in Peggys cook books and one or two of them turned out really disappointing. I am sure your girls will like being able to eat things that make them seem more normal now!

angela said...

there are quite a few great books out there. i have one called gluten free vegan (so of course all dairy free!) all the recipes are so yummy. we are all gluten free in our house some by choice and others have too! i love cooking GF and the challenges and rewards it brings. I do not know how many allergies your babies have we have just the one. good luck on your cooking adventures! Angela (Olson) Lewis Curtis's cousin:)

angela said...

there are also some really great blogs out there for multiple allergies with a focus on GF one in particular www.glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com

The Alaska DeKays said...

I am so happy for your new cook book. I would love to take a look at it sometime, so I can learn to make some yummy treats for your kids!