Monday, August 30, 2010

Hike Up Hatchers Pass

Becca, my sister has been up here for the last month and we went hiking up Hatchers Pass. It was so much fun and beautiful. It has been a very rainy summer so it was great getting out AND..... I only had two kids with me to take hiking. It was great.

Here is Becca hiking up the hill. Yes it really was the steep. She was carrying Remi (her baby) and our lunches in the backpack and I was carrying Canyon on my back and Catheryn on my front. It was quite the workout to get to the top. After the steep part Catheryn walked the rest. She did a great job.

Here is Becca taking a breather and looking at the beauty that surrounded us. There pictures do not do the Pass justice.

Catheryn taking a little break. At this point I think she was telling me she was wanting to go home. It is great what some sugar incentives can do to a child.
We thought this rocked looked really neat. How it hung over. You can see the road in the distance and that is the road we came up on and that is where are car is.


Another shot of the rock and Becca, Remi and Catheryn. I took pictures of Becca and she took pictures of me. So, Becca I forgot to get the pictures from you before you left.
I love the colors up there. This rock was covered in these red leaves. I would love to go back up there but I don't know if we are ever going to have a nice sunny day again before it snows.


Becca and Catheryn on the same rock as above just a different angle.
This is Catheryn happy that we are taking a photo shoot break. She loves getting her picture taken.

I guess this picture might be out of order but this is the part that we hiked. We came straight up the side of the mountain and then hiked up to a little lake that was not there. We covered a good amount of area with three little kids in tow.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: