Last week we went backpacking to Rapids Camp Yurt. It was so much fun. Our kids did such a great job. Cassidy and Cayden had their own packs and carried their own gear. Catheryn hiked the whole way with no pack We thought that she was going to be in the stroller most of the way but refused to be in it. So it was nice for her to walk, it made the stroller much lighter. It was 1.7 miles in. The trail still had quite a bit of snow on it in certain areas but again the kids were amazing.
Here is Cassidy being crazy. She had a great time until we started hiking back and then she realized we took her out of school. We did a Thursday night camp out because the yurt is already booked for most of the summer on the weekends. She started crying saying that she was going to miss recess. I guess hiking doesn't count.
When you see this picture you think, What is he wearing. Yes Curtis is wearing a skirt. That is what I call it but in technical terms he is wearing a hiking kilt. He is very happy with it and I am glad. When we were dating he wore a kilt and I was so embarrassed I got him not to wear it. Now I have a lot more confidence in my self and don't care what he wears. If he likes it go for it!!!!
Here are Cass and Cayden on the trail reading the signs were to go. Canyon did great. No crying, slept really well and was just a happy baby. It makes me so excited to be able to do these things with our kids and that our older two can hike and carry their own gear. LOVE IT

1 comment:
you guys are sooooo cool! love you, miss you!
Post a Comment