Monday, March 1, 2010

The Pee Alarm


So right now we are experimenting with the pee alarm. All of our children are still in diapers at night. I refuse to buy any more diapers so I have been putting my 6 and 4 year old in cloth diapers. My children give the phrase " Ahh big butty" a whole nother meaning. It drives me crazy that I am still having to put diapers on them. Granted I peed the bed till I was close to 8 years old. It is a genetic problem. So Curtis did the research and bought a Malem alarm. Last night was night 3 for Cassidy. First night she peed once, second night completely dry and last night at 3 she came up to tell us she had peed the bed. I am very hopeful with this alarm. My parents got an alarm for me when I was 8 and it worked in less than a week. I sure am glad they did it.

Anyways I am excited to get my older kids out of diapers and have them wear underwear to bed. It will be a big mile stone for them.

*******Update******

I have noticed that this post has gotten quite a bit of interest so I thought that I would update on the progress of the pee alarm.

For Cassidy our oldest worked in less than a week. She has only peed the bed twice since day one and now it is September 2010.

Cayden on the other hand took a while. It was almost a month. He would be dry for a week and then have an accident. Go for two weeks and then have an accident. Now he is pee free at night. I would highly recommend the pee alarm. It worked for my two children and for me when I was younger. It is a very worth while investment. Put the money into an alarm and not into diapers. I only wish we would have started the kids on it earlier.

1 comment:

Sarah and Chris said...

I remember those days... You could set the alarm off with a penny and I would show all of my friends that came over because I thought it was cool. Unfortunately you thought it was embarrassing or something so you would get upset at me when I would show my friends.