Sunday, February 8, 2009

Our Baby Catheryn is Now 1


Catheryn was born January 31, 2008 at a birthing center in Anchorage. With a little proding after being a week late I was in labor for only an hour. After being about an hour old she started crying and didn't really stop till she was about 6 months old.
Today I asked Cassidy if she liked Catheryn better when she was a baby or now that she is older. Cassidy' s response was," She always cried when she was a baby." Catheryn had a rough beginning with her be allergic to so many foods and it all getting into her system through my breast milk. It was a constant scream fest with her and the only way she would sleep was if she was on my chest sleeping. I didn't get much sleep to say the least. After we figured out what was causing her so much pain, she is a much happier baby and is such a good playmate. She brings smiles to everyones faces. This summer when I traveled with her to Arizona there were so many people that stopped to talk to her and ask me if I needed help also on the way home. I have never had that with my other children. She draws people to her. She is a very outgoing baby and loves other children her size. She tackels them and tries to give hugs and kisses. They on the other hand do not appreciate this. She is now walking and talking a little bit. To me she seems older than just 12 months. I am very guilty of trying to keep her in the baby stage as long as possible, I am a little guilty of spoiling her. Now that she is into things and getting upset when I tell her "NO" it is a little easier to not spoil her as much. For her birthday we had a family party. I will have to load those onto the computer later and post them. We are so blessed to have Catheryn in our family. I couldn't imagine my life without her.
Sorry about the blue underline. I am not sure how that happened and how to get rid of it.



Cassidy was at Catheryns birth. That is her finger touching her. Cassidy picked Catheryn's name, we had a couple of names but Cassidy was sure Catheryn was going to be a baby girl (we didn't find out the sex) and that her name was going to be Catheryn. She is named after my fathers mother, whos name is Helen Katherine.

Just some fun pictures of the kids playing together.
And there she is. Her wonderful smile.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

December sure was a busy month for you. How do you like having a birthday in December. I am such a Christmas fanatic that I am worried about having Guinevere's birthday in December next year. Your family all looks so happy. And when did you come to Arizona without letting us know. I would have loved to see you. I love being able to read your blog and keep up with your life.

The Alaska DeKays said...

Happy Birthday Kitty Cat! We love you!