Monday, July 5, 2010

King Mountain July 2-3 2010


Our first campout with our pop up this summer. Carolyn and I finally installed the new receiver hitch on our van on Thursday. We left Friday morning and drove to King Mountain campground which is east of Palmer on the Matanuska River near Chickaloon. I had taken the children their last year and loved the place. It is my new favorite campground. Only an hour from our house and near a lake. As you can see, we brought a canoe. The Sienna towed the trailer just fine. The handling and braking wasn't too affected, and the wiring worked.

We cooked outside which worked great. The bugs were non existent. It helps that the wind was continuous and strong. The kids brought their bikes and enjoyed that. We brought the soccer ball since that is my new interest. Anybody watching the World Cup?
Here we are enjoying lunch on Saturday. It had rained all night but had stopped by the morning.

We went canoeing at Long Lake, about 10 miles away from the campground. I took Catheryn and Cayden out. Catheryn did much better in the canoe this time. Last time I took her out she freaked and tried to abandon ship. We went along the shore and picked up trash floating in the water. Cayden is getting much better at paddling the boat.

We returned home Saturday night so that we could attend church the next day.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: