Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Dating Delights with the DeKay girl

I married a wonderful woman. We are going on 10 years now as a married couple. I recently took the following photos out of their collage frame and scanned them. I have tried to put them in chronological order.


We started dating in February of 2002. Here we are sometime thereafter on a walk through downtown Anchorage. I managed to break the railing on this gazebo located near the Captain Cook Hotel.


Something that really impressed me about Carolyn was her athletic ability and her sense of adventure. Here we are on top of Baldy.
 

We at least made it to the parking lot of Baldy's equivalent in Anchorage, Flatop Mt. We haven't yet climbed to the top together.

This is us along Eagle River. We took Raisin for a walk there.

The DeKay family hiked the length of Crow Pass the summer of 2002. I thought that was pretty cool of her family to do this type of activity.

Here we are on the home stretch towards the Nature Center along the Crow Pass trail.


The following are a bunch of photos taken of us during the fall of 2002.
 


Carolyn's mom Beverly took the following photos of us along the bike trail near the Maplewood Chapel.


 



We were sealed for time and all eternity in the Anchorage Alaska Temple. I am grateful for the sealing ordinances that bind her to me, and me to her. This is such a blessing and a source of strength to us.




What a rascal my wife is.

We had a nice wedding reception. All of our family members came to celebrate with us.

I love my wife. She is the greatest thing that has happened in my life. I thank God for a woman like her.
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: