Monday, February 18, 2013

What the kids think of their mother

Carolyn went to New Mexico for a week for some training with CIEE. While she was gone, I asked the older children these questions about their mother.


1. What is something mom always says to you?
Cassidy – I love you
Cayden – no
Catheryn - she wants to paint with me sometimes
2. What makes mom happy?
Cassidy – when I want her to teach me to play volleyball
Cayden – me doing good
Catheryn - when Cassidy plays barbies with me and mommy wants me to paint a tree
3. What makes mom sad?
Cassidy – when I say “I hate her”
Cayden – me doing bad
Catheryn - when people do mean things
4. How does your mom make you laugh?
Cassidy – when she funny stuff
Cayden – she tells funny stories
Catheryn - by smiling
5. What was your mom like as a child?
Cassidy – she had to do chores
Cayden – she was a tomboy
Catheryn - by giving people newspapers
6. How old is your mom?
Cassidy – she will be 30 in March
Cayden - 29
Catheryn - I think 28
7. How tall is your mom?
Cassidy – about 6’ tall
Cayden – 6’ 3”
Catheryn - very tall. She’s a grown up and she’s a mom and she cooks dinner
8. What is her favorite thing to do?
Cassidy – be around her family
Cayden – send us outside to play
Catheryn - cook dinner, rice and noodles
9. What does your mom do when you're not around?
Cassidy – take care of the three younger children
Cayden – babysit the little kids
Catheryn - clean the house
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
Cassidy – singing and volleyball. She sings like an opera singer.
Cayden – she’s beautiful
Catheryn - be rich
11. What is your mom really good at?
Cassidy - volleyball
Cayden - volleyball
Catheryn - making dinner
12. What is your mom not very good at?
Cassidy – baseball and basketball and football.
Cayden – throwing snowballs at me. She misses a lot.
Catheryn - she hasn’t painted this whole entire house
13. What does your mom do for her job?
Cassidy – she works for CIEE finding homes for exchange students. Child care for Vaona children.
Cayden – babysit Evangeline and Olivia and CIEE (http://www.ciee.org/highschool/host-families/benefits.html) . She works for exchange students helping them find families.
Catheryn - She helps do people’s teeth at work. (Carolyn used to trim models of people’s teeth at Eagle River Orthodontics)
14. What is your mom's favorite food?
Cassidy - pizza
Cayden – bet it would be strawberries
Catheryn - rice I think
15. What makes you proud of your mom?
Cassidy – when she places exchange students
Cayden – she works hard and earns money from CIEE (Council of International Educational Exchange)
Catheryn - She smiles a lot to me and tells me what to do everyday
16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
Cassidy – Minnie Mouse
Cayden – a beautiful wife marrying a handsome man
Catheryn – Mater [from the movie Cars]
17. What do you and your mom do together?
Cassidy – go shopping and get clothes and stuff. We both like to go shopping
Cayden – have dates
Catheryn - go to the store
18. How are you and your mom the same?
Cassidy – we both have blue eyes. We are both female and tall.
Cayden – she has blue eyes and I have blue eyes
Catheryn - because we are both girls
19. How are you and your mom different?
Cassidy – she has black hair and I have brownish blonde hair. she is taller.
Cayden – she has dark hair and I have light hair
Catheryn - she has long hair I have short hair
20. How do you know your mom loves you?
Cassidy – because she cares for me. She gives me clothes to wear. She never yells at me.
Cayden – she was up all night with me when I had an ear infection
Catheryn - because she kisses me a lot and hugs me.


No comments: