Thursday, April 28, 2011
Love Hate Relationship
This is our house in Juneau. We bought it September 2006. However, we moved back to Anchorage June 2007. So we didn't live in it very long and when we bought the house it was at the peak of the housing market. We have not been able to sell it and have been trying off and on since 2007. We have even had closing dates and they have fallen through. So yet again we are going to keep this house and rent it. I think we have lost a lot of money trying to sell it and we do just fine renting it. The sellers market is not that great in Juneau and the value of homes have gone down BUT we have no problems renting it. There are just not very many home available to rent.
Anyway, this home was our first home that we owned. I still very much love it because I have such great memories in this house. I love the back yard, the play set and Thunder Mountain that is in the background. I also just miss Juneau. It is such a beautiful fun place to live. It is a five minute drive to the glacier, lots of perfect hikes for kids and the best people live there. Such a great ward we were in which we made great friends.
I am sure if we tried to live in this house I wouldn't like it so much. It would not accommodate 4 kids to well. I just remember it being the best house ever but I am blinded by our first home that we owned and we were such a young family with such great memories.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment